Cups and Trophies
Come to the St Ewe Country Fair
Sunday, 20th August 2017
Cups and Awards:
Heligan Gardens Shield for Best Exhibit in Show in Horticultural Classes (except Class 49).
Norman Jeffreys Memorial Cup for Best Flower Exhibit.
Lyn and John Nelson Cup for Best Vegetable Exhibit (excluding Class 49).
Partech Instruments Cup for most points in Horticultural Classes.
Lobb’s Farm Shop Cup for the Best Vegetable Collection Class 49.
Junior Shield for most points in Horticultural Section.
Pentewan Sands Cup for Best Cookery Exhibit.
Pentewan Sands Cup for Best Handicraft Exhibit.
Pentewan Sands Junior Cup for most points in Domestic Section.
David Holt Cup for Best Photograph in Show.
Junior Cup for Best Photographs
The EGG Cup for Best Exhibit in Egg Section.
The Alf Johns Cup for the Best Onions in Show.
The Bosue Vineyard Cup for the Tug of War Winners.
Prize money will be awarded for Children’s classes only.
Some Useful Tips on Showing:
Some of these may appear obvious but it is surprising how easy it is to make mistakes in the confusion of preparing and setting up your exhibits.
- Always read the schedule carefully.
- Enter the correct class; if in doubt speak to a steward.
- Ensure your entry form is returned by the deadline.
- Ensure that the correct fee is paid on the day.
- When selecting your entries choose the best you have.
- Check the number of articles per entry; if the schedule states that 3 courgettes are required enter 3. Otherwise the judge will pass over your exhibit.
- Likewise if the schedule lays down a specific measurement or weight then get as close as possible to it.
- Although accessories such as plates, pots, vases etc., may not be part of an exhibit they should be chosen to show off your produce to its best effect.
- Above all enjoy the spirit of friendly rivalry and thank you for supporting our little show.
- Cups ad Shields should be returned to the Show Secretary by the end of July the next year.